Latest issue of the museum’s scholarly bulletin
The latest issue of the Museum’s bulletin has now come out, containing six articles on different works in the Permanent Collection
This annual publication, published in three languages, is sponsored by METRO BILBAO. It reproduces studies written by international specialists with the aim of extending knowledge of the Museums Permanent Collection. The following articles are to be found in this new issue:
- · The golden ram at the Bilbao Fine Arts MuseumRamón Corzo Sánchez. Professor of Art History. University of Seville.
- · Painting, devotion and piety in Toledo in the early 15th centuryMatilde Miquel Juan. Lecturer, Assistant Doctor. The Complutense University, Madrid.
- · Between Antwerp and Florence: The enigma of Bust of a Woman with a VeilEdward H. Wouk. Assistant Professor. Art History and Visual Studies, University of Manchester.
- · The “cloth of Veronica” in the work of ZurbaránOdile Delenda. Researcher. Wildenstein Institute, Paris.
- · The Immaculate Conception by Giacomo Colombo. A sculpture in its Italian contextRoberto Alonso Moral. Curator of the Alfonso E. Pérez Sánchez Bequest. Focus-Abengoa Foundation, Sevill.
- · The works of Markus Lüpertz in the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum collectionKosme de Barañano. Chair in Art History. Miguel Hernández University, Elche, and University of the Basque Country & Carolina Andrada Páez. BA in Fine Arts and MA in Research into Landscape. University of Valencia and Miguel Hernández University, Elche