Resolution on the first phase of the extension and renovation tender
In accordance with the calendar and procedure for the call for tenders established through the collaboration agreement between BBK, the patron of honour, and the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum for the selection of the extension and renovation project for the museum, the first phase for the registration and pre-selection of finalists has ended, in which 57 teams were admitted.
In a meeting today, the evaluation committee has selected the six finalist teams that now pass through to the second phase for the submission of bids:
- Nieto Sobejano Arquitectos S.L.P.
- Rafael Moneo
- (Joint Venture) Foster + Partners Ltd. + LM Uriarte Arkitektura S.L.P.
- (Joint Venture) BIG, AZAB, Proskene
- (Joint Venture) SNOHETTA + FORASTER ARQUITECTOS
- (Joint Venture) SANAA Jimusho Ltd. + I. Aurrekoetxea & Bazkideak
* The list follows the order of registration as a candidate.
The museum will now send the relevant invitations so that the finalist candidates can accept or reject them. The teams will have a period of 3 months to prepare their projects. This second phase for the submission of bids will be carried out anonymously and the teams will not be identified.