Awarded 10 scholarships for the MULTIVERSO grants for Video Art Creation
The Multiverso Grants for Video Art Creation reflect the BBVA Foundation's commitment to the artistic expressions of today's culture, along with the commitment of its partner, the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum, an institution with which the BBVA Foundation has co-sponsored the Video Art and Digital Creation programme since 2017. This programme promotes video creation and is targeted at supporting the creative work of video artists from Spain and from other nationalities living in Spain, as well as fostering the dissemination of the resulting works.
The evaluating committee of the 2018 Multiverso Grants for Video Art call for participation, which met on the 30th of January at the headquarters of the BBVA Foundation in Madrid, has agreed to award the grants to the following applicants:
- Antonio Abad Roses (Lérida): "Oídos sordos"
- Ana Laura Aláez Aláez (Bilbo, Bizkaia): "Portadoras queer: el doble y la repetición"
- Patricia Esquivias (Caracas, Venezuela): "Cardón cardinal"
- Jose Manuel Fernández Arregui (Bizkaia): "Armonías de Senectud"
- Pedro González Romero (Aracena, Huelva): "Las sabias, los sabiondos, los resabiados"
- Nadia Hotait (Madril): "Otoño a destiempo / Unseasonal Autumn"
- María Isabel Palacín Lahoz (Bartzelona): "El Trayecto"
- Josu Rekalde (Bizkaia), hauekin elkarlanean: Patxi Azpillaga Goenaga, Raúl Ibañez Torres, Marta Macho Stadler, María Begoña Vicario Calvo: "Denbora-Hariak / Hilos de Tiempo"
- Antonio Serra Pérez (Bartzelona): "Iluminaciones: La experiencia de la Luz"
- Marc Vives Muñoz (Bartzelona): "SSSSS (Sand Sea Sun Sex Sangría)"
The evaluating committee was presided over by Rafael Pardo, director of the BBVA Foundation, and Miguel Zugaza, director of the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum. Its members included Miriam Alzuri, curator of the Bilbao Fine Arts Museum; Laura Baigorri, Assistant Dean of Research in the Fine Arts Faculty of the University of Barcelona; Guadalupe Echevarría, former director of the Fine Arts School of Bordeaux; Nuria Enguita, director of the Bombas Gens Art Centre; Karin Ohlenschläger, Activities Director at the LABoral Centre of Art and Industrial Creation; María Pallier, director of the Metrópolis programme of RTVE; Blanca de la Torre, independent curator and art critic; and Virginia Torrente, exhibition curator.